Style diary: My MNfashion Week looks

Part of the fun of MNfashion Week is gussying up in looks by local designers for the slew of fashion shows that take place.

[L: Pictured with Richard Anderson, photo by Mary O'Regan. R: Amanda Christine lookbook]

For Envision: Artopia last Friday, April 7, I wore this red cotton Amanda Christine dress with puff sleeves and cutout details. She showed the same dress in blue during the show that evening. If you're interested, the dress is available for purchase in a full size run in both colors at Cliche. I paired with a stone and chain necklace by newcomer KR Dezigns, also available at Cliche, and black glitter pumps from Forever 21.

[Pictured with Robyne Robinson and Kate Iverson, photo by Mary O'Regan via Art of Wore]

[L: Photo by George Moskal. R: Photo by Nicholas Marshall, styling by Eclecticoiffeur]

For George Moskal and CounterCouture's show last Wednesday, I wore my own hot pink silk cropped top from George Moskal's fall/winter 2009 collection and a silk cocoon skirt by Katherine Gerdes I had commissioned her to make for a Nicholas Marshall shoot back in spring 2007. I paired them with Steve Madden platforms, a feather/flower clip by Ruby3 by Anna Lee and a clutch from Target.

[L: Pictured with Richard Anderson, photo by Mary O'Regan. R: METRO Magazine]

[Photo courtesy Robyne Robinson]

For Emma Berg and Kevin Kramp's show last Thursday, Emma lent me her blue draped dress she designed for a METRO Magazine commission. I felt like a goddess in the dress, which was draped entirely from one piece of fabric. I paired it with my own custom brushed gold link chain necklace with fire agates, bronzite and heishi pearls by Robyne Robinson of ROX Jewelry. (Excuse my lack of hair/makeup, it was a crazy busy day!) I'm a little bummed that I'm not taller, from some angles it looked like I was swimming in the dress.

[L: Pictured with Voltage producer Anna Lee, photo by Kristin Berwald. R: Photo by Mary O'Regan]

For Voltage, I brought out the big guns - a custom dress designed by my all-time favorite local designer, Max Lohrbach. He said that he loved this version more than the one he was showing in his collection, but what can I say, I'm selfish when it comes to Max. Here I am in my version, which I paired with custom jewelry by Bionic Unicorn (a collaboration with Max Lohrbach, who drew the kitty heads) and a purse and wedges from Opitz Outlet. I'm having a better hair day here, thanks to the amazing Julie at Smart & Chic Beauty Lounge (which offers hair and makeup styling). The jewelry will be available for purchase on Bionic Unicorn's Etsy shop later this week. Here's a closeup of a similar design:


Click here for my link roundup of this spring's MNfashion Week coverage.