Mlle. Frou-Frou's Boudoir!!

My (Alison's) newly painted white bedroom floors...it took me 3 days to prep, sand and paint it. Love the results, even though I now have to obsessively clean it! I thought photographing the seersucker shoes would be a fun way of showing the floor.

Crystal perfume bottles on my book cabinet. In the background is my new grey/white Cath Kidston wallpaper, which I also installed myself (never thought I could put up wallpaper!).

Pillow shams (and matching chair fabric) from Rubie Green.
Some of my favorite pink bras. I think I have over 90 designer bras in my collection...not bad for owning a lingerie boutique! Bras shown here (top to bottom): Damaris, Mimi Holliday, ID Sarrieri, Fleur T.

A pair of Christian Louboutin heels on my book case. I haven't worn these shoes yet...so in the meantime, they make a cute display piece! Plus, I'm a shoe lover (what woman isn't?).

Satin-tufted headboard and Rubie Green bedding and Martha Stewart bedding (hard to tell).

My Made by Girl LOVE poster above my Wisteria mirrored dresser (that I love). Chair from Calypso Home covered in Rubie Green upholstery. Crystal lamp and silver clock from Restoration Hardware. On the opposite wall, a framed vintage Cadolle advertisement.

A vignette on my desk: a pretty card, an old framed polaroid of my Grandparents, and a framed antique perfume bottle label (thanks to my mom for framing it!).

My desk where all the blogging action happens! Mac computer and peonies are most prominently shown...and above the desk is a Le Frou-Frou framed print that I got as a gift 15 years ago (it must have inspired the name of the store!). Also notice the Ghost Armchair...which is surprisingly comfortable!

My Louis Ghost Armchair (which looks extra ghostly here) on a sheepskin rug next to my favorite mirror table from Grace Home Furnishings. On top of the table are a bottle of Laduree champagne and an Ellen von Unwerth photo book. On the wall, a Rene Gruau framed print.

The base of the etched mercury glass & acrylic lamp on my dresser (which is not fully shown). Lamp from Pom Pom Interiors, but is also sold on the Neiman Marcus website.

A view of one of my bra drawers! In the background is a ceramic stool that I use as a nightstand.

Another framed antique perfume bottle label from France.

A collection of lovely things. 3 glass balls (from ABC Carpet & Home), mercury glass accents and a hobnail vase (that I took from my mom!).

My 'chinoiserie' book cabinet that I painstakingly put together. It only came in black, so I had to sand it, paint it and assemble it over a period of 2 weeks. I then lined the back of the cabinet with leftover wallpaper. I have so many books that I love, so it's a nice way to show some of them.

Even Chickie got in on the makeover action, getting a new fluffy pink bed from Maxwell Dog (that she loves)!

So many customers enter Faire Frou Frou and ask if my room looks like the store, and I suppose that in a way, it does! At least in terms of the pink!
It's unusual to write a post firsthand, but this is about my (Alison, aka Mlle. Frou-Frou's) room. In a couple of weeks we will also show Madame Frou-Frou (my mom, Gail's) room makeover.
In any event, I am pleased to show the end result of several months work on my 'boudoir'. I love doing home projects, so it was actually kind of fun painting, wallpapering and assembling the new furniture...or at least fun in hindsight. I also wanted to show a bit of my lingerie collection, since the running joke is that I own everything in the store. What can I say, I like what we carry!
I tried to give credit on most of the major pieces as well as links on where to buy.
I hope you enjoy this post!!
xox Alison